Docky: mastering the art of jump lists with Zeitgeist
As an avid docky user (sometimes I switch to AWN depending on my mood), I got very used to the jumplists. But at some point I was not satisfied with what I hacked before, since it was based on the early 0.3 Zeitgeist API. I decided to revisit it and fixed the following:
- Refresh jump list upon application activity, allowing a more real-time change of the jump list, instead of updating every 5 minutes.
- Detect duplicate names of items in the jump lists and extend those with the path to the items.
- Exclude unreachable items in jump list, such as files on an unmounted USB.
- Open items with the respected application instead of the default.
- Populate jump lists for folders recursively.
The code of this update is being reviewed by Rico and I will try to bring these features to both GNOME Shell and Unity ASAP.
Here are some screenshots and a video...
And you can watch the video here