As of the beginning of the April I am a Xamarin (that is what Xamarin employees call themselves).
At Xummit I met the rest of the Xamarins and I had an incredible time there (dare I say magical ♥).
I met old friends like Rodrigo Moya, Jason Smith, David Siegel, Cody Russell, Neil Patel, Connor Curran, Gord Allot and others, but also made new friends:
- Zack Gramana: The right amount of crazy and creative. He is helping me with my new pet project.
- Seth Rosetter: SF chilled out hacker with an ear for techno and extreme positive attitude, a delight to hang out with.
- Mike Krüger: One of the friendliest people I got to meet and know with exactly my kind of humour.
- Victoria Grothey: Incredibly nice person with lots of energy and always smiling.
- Marek Safar: The most passionate beer expert I know I guess. Also rumour has it that either I am stalking him or he is stalking me.
- Václav Vančura: An awesome designer who motivated me to start drawing again. Thanks for that.
And many many more.
One thing I believe in, is that interpersonal relationships between co-workers is a must for a community or a company to be productive and successful. Xamarin promoted (and still promotes) this positive habit, achieved it and even more. The upbeat attitude and enthusiasm at Xamarin is infectious. Combined with the diversity in culture as well as stuff/tasks to do brings the best out of Xamarins. I will not forget the bus ride to the venue. 8 people with 7 different nationalities, but all happy and psyched about what they are doing and what others are doing ♥.
Since I joined Xamarin I started doing more Mono in my free time too. Currently I am porting
Synapse to Mac (since I loved the interface and some of the functionalities I couldn’t find in Alfred and Quicksilver).
Here is a small very early sneak peak :)
I am loving Xamarin and all its stands for and brings to the table.
P.S: Hylke Bons has a fan base here at Xamarin :)