Its my second day trying to hack Unity Place People. So far I managed to:
- Get chat activity from Zeitgeist
- Get Contacts from Folks
- Create Sections and Groups and assign them results
Todo over the weekend:
- Sort results using Zeitgeist (Most/Recent/Location)
- Find a nice grouping for the all section
- Enable searching
- Enable opening contacts
The difficulties I had till now were:
- Getting Folks to work, thanks to Mikkel, Michal and the Telepathy guys
- Getting the Personas from Folks (The Individual Aggregator gives me contacts for the "changed" signal, but no results when I ask it to give me the contacts manually. Bug?)
- The whole build mechanisms
Most of the difficulties are due to my love for python and the simplicity. However I am learning a lot while hacking this. Tomorrow I will write a short tutorial on how to work with Unity. And Monday I will try to write one how to work with Folks.
For now I will leave you with this...